OFYR Winter Maintenance Guide
Everything you need to know about the maintenance of your OFYR during the winter.
Winter is often characterised by humid conditions, sometimes even accompanied by strong winds and storms. With the following tips, you can maintain your OFYR and enjoy it all year round.
- It is important to oil the OFYR’s cooking plate regularly. We recommend using vegetable oil or a pancoating spray every fortnight.
- Protect your OFYR from external influences with the Cover, Snuffer or Soft Cover. In case of strong winds, we recommend putting an extra weight on top of the protective cover.
- When using a cover, the cooking plate still needs to be oiled. Moisture will build up between the plate and the cover, which can lead to corrosion of the plate if it is not oiled regularly.
- For the OFYR Pro Line, it is important that the ash tray of the cone does not fill up with water. If water does accumulate, it should be removed as soon as possible. Water accumulation can cause corrosion like flaking in Corten and rusting in the black coated steel.
- For the OFYR Storage and OFYR Island models, owners need to ensure that the outside of the cone is clean. This way, rainwater can drain off along the sides.
- Remove ashes, charcoal residue and (wet) leaves from the cone to prevent corrosion in the Corten and black models.
- After using the OFYR, teak wood accessories like the Fire Guard Ring should be stored in a dry place.
- Similarly, when not using your Tabl’O, Pizza Oven, Grills and other tools, it is recommended to store these in a dry place.